We’ve all been there, deleted photos from an iPhone by accident and kicked ourselves for being so careless. If only there was some way to get those images back. Well, luckily there is, and the experts from INeedanAnswer are going to spill the beans on how you can conjure up those pics that you thought you had lost forever.
If you’re searching for a way to recover your photos from your iPhone you’ll be pleased to read that there are no less than 3 different methods you can try.
1. iPhone’s Recently Deleted Feature
Ever since iOS8 Apple has given us the ability to recover lost photos using the Recently Deleted feature. However, keep in mind:
- You can only use Recently Deleted for photos that were deleted by you from Camera Roll, not the Recently Deleted album itself.
- Photos not recovered from Recently Deleted within 30 days will have been deleted permanently from the album.
- Recently Deleted is only suitable for a small number of photos, not the entire Camera Roll.
If you’re all good with the above:
- Go to the Photos app and tap on albums before then scrolling down to the Recently Deleted album.
- Open the album and select the photos you want to recover.
- Tap on recover and you should be done.
2. iTunes Backup with PhoneRescue for iOS
This is a great method, not only for getting back your deleted iPhone photos, but also if your phone gets lost, stolen, or broken.
- Download PhoneRescue for iOS to your computer and run it.
- Connect your iPhone and turn to your computer. Select Recover from iTunes Backup before clicking next at the bottom, on the right.
- Select the correct iTunes backup from the list and click on the Right Arrow to continue.
- You’ll see that all the categories are automatically selected. Uncheck Select All and select only Photos.
- You should be able to preview the photos in your iTunes backup and select those you want before clicking To Device to send the photos back to your phone, or To Computer.
3. iCloud Backup
iCloud is a great way to backup your important documents and photos, so why don’t more people use it? If you are one of those people who regularly back up to iCloud, this is for you.
- Download PhoneRescuer for iOS to your computer and connect your phone before clicking on the Right Arrow to start the process.
- Type in your Apple ID and password.
- Choose the correct iCloud backup, click Download and then select Photos before clicking Ok to begin the download.
- Once the download is complete, and it might take a while if there are lots of photos, click on the Right Arrow to load the downloaded files before going to preview the photos in iCloud backup. Choose the photos you want to recover and choose To Device, or To Computer, depending on where you want to send your photos.
So, there you have it, 3 different methods you can use to get back those pictures you thought you had lost. If you haven’t been backing up and have lost some photos this should be a lesson learned. INeedanAnswer expert’s recommended: backup and save yourself a whole lot of heartache later!